- Introduce into a horse’s ration gradually over 1 to 2 weeks
- Feed in conjunction with ample forage (pasture, hay and/or chaff)
- Make clean, fresh water and salt available at all times
- Adjust the amount fed so it is appropriate for a horse’s body fatness, stage of training and workload, along with the quality and quantity of forage available
- Divide feeds into two or more smaller meals if feeding more than 0.5 kg per 100 kg of bodyweight in ‘hard feed’ per day
- The feeding rates given here are based on the amount of feed needed to meet a horse’s vitamin and mineral requirements
- If you feed below these feeding rates, vitamin and mineral deficiencies will appear in the diet and may affect health and limit performance
- To avoid this, simply add one of Pryde’s EasiBalanced Pellets to top up vitamin and mineral intakes.